March 29, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday 5-Star Christian Fiction Favorites

Wow! I woke to find all THREE of my novels featured on blogs as Top Ten Tuesday recent 5-Star favorite reads. Beckie at By The Book lists The Memoir of Johnny Devine along with 9 spectacular titles to add to your reading list.



Carrie at Reading is My Superpower listed not one but TWO of my books on her 5-Star must read shelf today. Check out the other titles and be sure to add them to your "Want To Read" shelf at Goodreads (very helpful to authors!).

Here's what Superpower/Carrie said about these titles:

Like a Love Song went straight for my heart. The characters, their histories, their futures, the setting, the plot.  All of it spoke to me on a level that went beyond the romance and aimed steadfastly toward Jesus.  Joe and Sue’s love story was, of course, a highlight of the book for me – it was cute, sweet, and even breath-stealing on occasion. But in all honesty, it paled in comparison to this truth that Camille Eide framed so gorgeously:  God’s love never fails.”
“Camille Eide has a way with characters.  They get into your heart and set up camp, and you are all the better for having spent time with them.  She also has a great talent for creating a scene that appears one way at face value but in fact can be immensely symbolic as well. Like There’s No Tomorrow will linger with me for many reasons – the characters, the setting, the romance.  But especially the message of courage – of living life in spite of your fears – and of cherishing each day as though it’s all we’re to be given. If you love to become emotionally invested in the books you read, I highly suggest you try one by Camille Eide!”

I love book bloggers. :) 
-Camille

No comments:

ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF. . . .

RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:

I've published five novels and 2 novellas (more about those on my website.) I've been writing all my life, but decided in 2007 to get serious about being published.

I love action movies and Jane Austen. (she’s dead, I know. I found that out when I tried to get her to endorse my novel)

They let me play Bass guitar and sing in a worship band.

I can produce 4 dozen homemade cinnamon rolls in a flash for a crowd of drooling young adults. Or publishing house editors.

I used to have a Harley. Now we have seven grandkiddos. Decent trade, really.

I am a proud Grammy. Don't even think about taking candy from my babies.

I hate shopping (Yes, I'm aware that I'm a girl)

MY ROOTS:
I've lived in Oregon all my life, spent time in Eugene (Go DUCKS!), Springfield, Reedsport, and Smith River. Which is not really a town, but a river, about 70 miles long, a tributary of the Umpqua River in southwest Oregon.

Although it's not a town, it is a community with a strong sense of pioneer history. It's cool to say you've lived there, especially if you lived there during the days when you had to take a boat to school. No joke! The old farmhouse my grandfather and my mother grew up in still stands, nestled into a narrow, pasture carpeted valley, complete with a swimmin' hole and its own 'crick'. It may turn up in one of my novels.

There's a rumor that my ancestors had a connection with the Mafia back in Sicily. I used to fantasize as a kid about a big black limo with tinted windows pulling up and whisking me away from school. Ahhh. So THAT'S why I'm having so much trouble conjugating my dangling participles now.

NOT RANDOM: I am challenged by the truth and amazed by the grace of God. And it's either in spite of or because of that grace that I hold a PhD in Learning Stuff the Hard Way.