July 22, 2018

$5 Dollar Books (While They Last)

Friends, Readers, Librarians, Book Clubs, Bibliophiles, Bargain hunters, etc...
I’ve acquired a small overstock of my books and they'd love real homes, so I’m shipping them out at my cost. Paperbacks are $5, plus $3 s/h (multi book rate varies). 
I also have one Hardcover Large Print of The Memoir of Johnny Devine for a little more.
So, just comment below if you’d like books shipped. There’s a limited amount, so 1st come, 1st served, etc. I hear it’s never too early to start Christmas shopping.
😉

If you’re not familiar with my work, it’s been compared to Melissa Tagg, Becky Wade, Dale Cramer. I write love stories some call “more than a romance,” deep, poignant tales laced with grace, humor, and redemption.

Like There’s No Tomorrow (2014): An amusing, tender love story about two kind, single caretakers, two quirky, old Scottish sisters bent on reuniting, and too many agendas. It’s a tale of family, falling in love, faith, and the gift of each new day.
Excerpt –
There were a number of things Ian had grown to appreciate about his co-correspondent over the last two years. A very natural bond had developed between them. A bond that, until now, he thought he shared with a stout, tenderhearted spinster on the downhill side of middle-age . . . His mind worked frantically to reconcile the Emily he knew from the letters with this one, and to accept the fact that this woman, this very lovely young woman, had been his pen pal for the past two years…

Like a Love Song (2014, Genesis Winner & Romantic Times 4.5 Star Top Pick): A romantic, heart-tugging drama about a social worker turned surrogate mom to a bunch of cast-off teens, desperate to save the group home she’s worked hard to build in Oregon’s outback. She faces foreclosure and heartaches that won't stay buried. Her only hope lies with the last person she’d ever turn to—a brawny handyman with a guitar, a questionable past, and a God he keeps calling Father.
Excerpt –
“An oil rigger?” Sue hacked out a laugh. “A roughneck? With my kids? Great. Who are you going to send next, a lumberjack and a couple of bikers? Maybe they can pull night watch in the girls’ dorm.” Sue yanked open the driver’s door of her Suburban, climbed in, and cranked the key. A few feeble chugs, then nothing. Big surprise.
“I’m serious, Sue. Joe is an all-around handyman and knows how to manage a crew.”
“I’m sure he’s charming, Layne. On an oil rig. But I need someone with experience handling kids. Special needs kids. You know that.”
“Yes, in the long run, in optimal circumstances, absolutely. But you’re going to give old Roberta a stroke if you don’t get some help. You have to hire someone.”

Sue rested her aching head on the steering wheel. Pain and fatigue rolled over her in a cold fog…

The Memoir of Johnny Devine (2015, Romantic Times 4½ GOLD Star Top Pick, Seal of Excellence, & Best Inspirational Romance; OCW Cascade Award Best Historical): In 1953, a young war widow hired to write an exclusive memoir lands on McCarthy’s hit list and must clear her name while trying not to fall in love with the born-again, ex-Hollywood heartthrob whose scandalous past keeps him too busy to notice her. Or does it? It’s a love story set at a time when post-war America seeks security in prosperity, Hollywood’s Golden Age is coming to an end, the Red Scare reaches new heights of paranoia, and unrest over civil rights continues to grow. It’s a story for those who enjoy a character-driven, inspirational drama, a strong-yet-tender romance, and a touch of intrigue.
Excerpt-
“I was topping all the charts, but even with so much fame, all I had to show for my life was a stack of films and a long line of women who wished I’d never been born. Even if I’d wanted honor, you couldn’t find a trace of it in me. If there was ever a time in my life I’d longed for true significance, it was long past.”
Eliza’s pencil froze. True significance? The words echoed, taunting her. She had believed everything John said so far, but his last statement struck her as ludicrous. Could a Hollywood star with scores of fans truly have any concept of the quest for significance? Could a man whose name had emblazoned every marquee in the country understand the void that she—a penniless nobody—had so long struggled to fill?
Don’t think, just write…

No comments:

ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF. . . .

RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:

I've published five novels and 2 novellas (more about those on my website.) I've been writing all my life, but decided in 2007 to get serious about being published.

I love action movies and Jane Austen. (she’s dead, I know. I found that out when I tried to get her to endorse my novel)

They let me play Bass guitar and sing in a worship band.

I can produce 4 dozen homemade cinnamon rolls in a flash for a crowd of drooling young adults. Or publishing house editors.

I used to have a Harley. Now we have seven grandkiddos. Decent trade, really.

I am a proud Grammy. Don't even think about taking candy from my babies.

I hate shopping (Yes, I'm aware that I'm a girl)

MY ROOTS:
I've lived in Oregon all my life, spent time in Eugene (Go DUCKS!), Springfield, Reedsport, and Smith River. Which is not really a town, but a river, about 70 miles long, a tributary of the Umpqua River in southwest Oregon.

Although it's not a town, it is a community with a strong sense of pioneer history. It's cool to say you've lived there, especially if you lived there during the days when you had to take a boat to school. No joke! The old farmhouse my grandfather and my mother grew up in still stands, nestled into a narrow, pasture carpeted valley, complete with a swimmin' hole and its own 'crick'. It may turn up in one of my novels.

There's a rumor that my ancestors had a connection with the Mafia back in Sicily. I used to fantasize as a kid about a big black limo with tinted windows pulling up and whisking me away from school. Ahhh. So THAT'S why I'm having so much trouble conjugating my dangling participles now.

NOT RANDOM: I am challenged by the truth and amazed by the grace of God. And it's either in spite of or because of that grace that I hold a PhD in Learning Stuff the Hard Way.