November 12, 2015

The Rare FIVE-Star RT Book Review

RT Book Reviews recently gave The Memoir of Johnny Devine (Ashberry Lane, Dec 2015) a glowing review! I’m amazed at how much insight the reviewer was able to squeeze into the 175 word limit. She also rated it 4½ “yellow” stars and Top Pick.

I didn’t realize the different color (usually the stars are blue) meant anything until a senior RT reviewer pointed out to my publisher that those are GOLD stars. She also said the gold rating is a rare, only given once or twice a year. In fact, 4½ gold stars is equivalent to 5 stars, which they did away with years ago (for some mysterious reason).

But then, a few days ago, I heard that RT is planning to bring the 5 star back. The next day, I discovered that the rating on Memoir had been changed to FIVE GOLD STARS. As far as I know, no book has received 5 stars from RT Book Reviews in years.

So this is huge!!

And to top that off, I also learned that The Memoir of Johnny Devine is an RT 2015 Reviewers’ Choice Award Nominee! This nomination is for books that reviewers consider the best of the best. I’m thrilled that Memoir is listed alongside such fine, talented inspirational romance authors such as Laura Frantz, Sarah Ladd, Robin Lee Hatcher, and Jen Turano.
 
I’m thrilled, honored, and grateful, but I’m not sharing this to get pats on the back. I’m hoping that this special nomination and rare five-star rating will help give Johnny Devine a better chance to reach readers who will love and be touched by this God-inspired story. And I hope those who love it will share it with every reader they know. In the literary world, the best advertising is still word of mouth.

Find out more about this story and where to get your copy at www.camilleeide.com

No comments:

ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF. . . .

RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:

I've published five novels and 2 novellas (more about those on my website.) I've been writing all my life, but decided in 2007 to get serious about being published.

I love action movies and Jane Austen. (she’s dead, I know. I found that out when I tried to get her to endorse my novel)

They let me play Bass guitar and sing in a worship band.

I can produce 4 dozen homemade cinnamon rolls in a flash for a crowd of drooling young adults. Or publishing house editors.

I used to have a Harley. Now we have seven grandkiddos. Decent trade, really.

I am a proud Grammy. Don't even think about taking candy from my babies.

I hate shopping (Yes, I'm aware that I'm a girl)

MY ROOTS:
I've lived in Oregon all my life, spent time in Eugene (Go DUCKS!), Springfield, Reedsport, and Smith River. Which is not really a town, but a river, about 70 miles long, a tributary of the Umpqua River in southwest Oregon.

Although it's not a town, it is a community with a strong sense of pioneer history. It's cool to say you've lived there, especially if you lived there during the days when you had to take a boat to school. No joke! The old farmhouse my grandfather and my mother grew up in still stands, nestled into a narrow, pasture carpeted valley, complete with a swimmin' hole and its own 'crick'. It may turn up in one of my novels.

There's a rumor that my ancestors had a connection with the Mafia back in Sicily. I used to fantasize as a kid about a big black limo with tinted windows pulling up and whisking me away from school. Ahhh. So THAT'S why I'm having so much trouble conjugating my dangling participles now.

NOT RANDOM: I am challenged by the truth and amazed by the grace of God. And it's either in spite of or because of that grace that I hold a PhD in Learning Stuff the Hard Way.